Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Description of Term Project

(I e-mailed this to you on Monday, Professor)

I would like to do my term project on virtual communities and its effect on globalization. In particular, I want to research how the advertising industry has been affected now that people all around the world have formed groups with similar interests. I want to explore if advertising has become easier due to these communities, and if so, how much easier and if it has a great impact. For example, “Second Life” is a virtual reality game in which advertisers have taken advantage of to sell their products and services. Globalization can be defined as viewing the world as one seamless market and I would like to research how companies have decided to advertise to online cultures and communities, when the people that compose them are so diverse.


- Kwok Tse

No comments:

Post a Comment