Monday, June 8, 2009

Introduction and something else.

Hello everyone, my name is Kwok Tse and I am currently a rising senior at Baruch College majoring in accounting. I am taking this class as part of my third minor (my other two minors being philosophy and information technology), which is "information technology and social responsibility."

I was originally scheduled to take a law class this summer, but the course was canceled, so I was left with many other options. I decided to take this class to jumpstart my third minor. Coming into this class, I expect it to be about new and innovative ways in which people communicate with each other, especially through advertising. At the end of this semester, I hope to learn a little more about the world around us and the technology it possesses.

Baruch College was originally my last choice on my list of post-highschool plans. However, aside from the lack of dorms, Baruch College has actually worked out extremely well for me. Going here has allowed me to earn good grades, a more than affordable tuition, and to intern year-round in the city. I am currently interning in the tax department at PMI Global Services Inc.

The company I work at does not have a history of hiring interns that have graduated college, so I have many options to explore. I plan to get an MS in taxation after I graduate Baruch College, but after that, my plans are still up in the air. I have always had a passion to help people and joining the Peace Corps has been a goal of mine for a while now. Perhaps after I finish graduate school, I will join the Peace Corps before I start embarking on other journeys in my life.

Here are some websites that I visit often that might interest you.

http://www.gmail.com
The website I visit most often, Gmail provides a great service since I can easily organize my e-mail and I can collaborate with friends through e-mail much more easily. I can search for past conversations as there is ample space to hold my files so that I never have to delete anything. The best part about gmail has to be gchat. I rarely use AIM anymore since most of my friends use gchat and it automatically saves all my conversations so that I can always look back on them.

http://facebook.com
What is there to say, everybody uses facebook nowadays. This social networking website is a great way to keep in touch with old friends and have fun with old and new friends alike. With so many applications added everyday allowing for more interaction between users, it is hard to get bored with this website. Facebook is also a great place for viral marketing as interesting news spreads quickly on a website like this.

http://www.oddee.com
Oddee.com is a very interesting website about the world around us. This website is basically a blog where people make posts about the "top 10 most 'blank'". For example, there are posts such as "the top 10 worst photoshop mistakes" or "the top 10 most creative advertisements." These blog posts are guaranteed to amaze you, entertain you, and make you laugh. Check it out and you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment